Sunday, June 18, 2006

June in a nutshell


This is Jessica's first ride on a train. In early June the Manassas Railway Historical group does a train expo. So we got our tickets and rode from Manassas to Clifton (the next stop up) and back. Jessica loved it. On the way to CLifton she and Dan were riding backwards. And if I didn't hear "Why are we going backwards?" 100 times I am a Monkeys uncle. Then it was "Mommy why are you going backwards?" on the way back. But she was so happy I could have cared less. Turns out it was Dan's first time on a train also. He was considerably less impressed than Jessica but did have fun.

June has been good. School ended May 26th, I had a week off - well technically I spent it cleaning and prepping my classroom for the 2 weeks of summer camp I worked. Camp ended Friday and WooHoo! I am free until Aug 24th!

Mom and Dad are still living with us. Things are not going well for them on the house finding front. Lots of compromise issues all around. In short, their marriage is on again off again based on the way the wind blows. I for one am tired of it. Poop or get off the pot, stop jerking everyone else's emotions along. Even Jessica told them the other day to get over it. And they have never argued in her presence. She can read people that well. God, I love her! Well off for now!

No comments: